I currently work as a customer service agent for a warranty company, and I got a call from a lady that needed her dishwasher replaced. We usually give customers two options: they can get money or the replacement.
The call went a little bit like this:
– “Hello! Thank you for calling, my name is bla bla bla, how can I help you today?”
– “Look, I’ve tried to talk to multiple representatives for the last hour, and I couldn’t get a fucking update from anybody. I’ve been living without a dishwasher for almost a week now, and I’m sick of washing dishes. That’s not my fucking job. Do you speak english? I need someone who speaks english”
– “I apologize for the inconvenience, but let me help you with that! Could I please have your name and your address?”
I pulled up the account and fortunately, we already have the dishwasher ready to be ordered and it would be delivered next week. I noticed that there were multiple notes from agents that previously spoke with her. Basically, she’d been using a lot of racial slurs and didn’t let them talk.
– “Thank you for holding ma’am, we already have the replacement ready to…”
– “No no no no no, I need to know if I’m getting my dishwasher, or should I go to another company?”
– “The dishwasher is…”
– “No no no no no. Are you even listening? I. NEED. MY. DISHWASHER. NOW. Were are you located? You know what? Nevermind. I’m tired of dealing with you guys. Terminate my contract.”
– “Ma’am, your replacement is ready to be delivered, if you decide to terminate the contract you won’t be able to get it, as the claim would be cancelled automatically”
– “Thank you Sherlock! Like I didn’t know. Let me speak to a manager right now.”
Then she hung up. Mind you, we have a specific time frame to deliver the replacemnts. She would have to wait until next Monday, and chances are that the delivery date changes. Sometimes it is delayed for weeks!